NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of repair and preventative maintenance procedures for one or more of the specified fields of work.
- Landscaping skills.
- Ability to physically climb out of the tramway cabin under the direction of the Director of Tram Ops & Facilities and staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to physically rope evacuate passengers and self from tram cabin.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees, and supervising, guiding, and training staff.
- Ability to work all different shifts including days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of tools and/or machinery related to building maintenance, working knowledge of general plumbing, painting, basic carpentry, and bathroom fixture repair.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to passengers those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
- Ability to make work assignments, check the completed work, and guide/train janitorial staff and facilities maintenance technicians.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Ability to prioritize operating needs and schedules with available time and skills of janitorial staff and maintenance technicians.
- Ability to research and recommend repairs with HVAC systems and plumbing systems.
- Ability to understand and research OSHA regulations and guidelines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Five (5) years of working at a journeyman level experience in one or a combination of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry fields of work, performing general repairs and ongoing maintenance.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Current driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Current CPR and first aid certificates or ability obtain within 30 days.
- Drug testing may be required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Certificate from a Vocational Educational Facility specializing in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry fields of work.
Routine movement in/out of an aerial tramway cabin as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at an 1800 ft. elevation; public interaction and communication; constant exposure to extreme heights and dangerous overhead work areas exposed to inclement weather conditions; extremely dangerous electrical and/or mechanical conditions and equipment including constant climbing, stooping, bending, and working in confined space. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas. Outside exposure to all weather elements; prolonged standing, walking, bending, reaching and heavy lifting; flexible and nonstandard work schedule.
Good vision to read instructions, read-outs, meters and computer screens, finger, hand and upper body dexterity to operate, repair and assemble systems, equipment and small parts, using hand and power tools; upper body strength to lift and carry 25 lbs; leg strength and ability to crawl into and through small places, climb stairs, ladders and support.