Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- The administrator should have a deep understanding of database administration and cloud computing, including experience with database management systems (DBMS) and cloud databases such as Amazon RDS and Azure Database.
- Have extensive background in all aspects of enterprise technology.
- Database Design and Architecture: have experience in database design and architecture, including the ability to design, implement and maintain cloud databases.
- Database Performance: experience in database performance optimization and be able to identify and resolve performance issues in cloud databases.
- Cloud Migration: experience in migrating databases to the cloud and be able to support the migration process, including data migration, data integration, and database maintenance.
- Database Security: a deep understanding of database security and be able to implement and maintain secure database configurations in cloud environments.
- Collaboration: The administrator should be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with other administrators, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Communication: have strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Problem Solving: the ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the organization in cloud environments.
- In addition to these skills, the administrator should also have experience with IT service management practices and a deep understanding of cloud computing architecture and best practices.
- Excellent documentation skills, including the ability to maintain up-to-date technical documentation and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- 5-10 Years of related experience
- Several years of experience in the field and have a broad understanding of different aspects of IT, including hardware, software, networking, and security.
- Certifications: Relevant certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), may be required or preferred.
- MUST have an ACTIVE Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Familiarity with government and industry security standards, such as NIST and FedRAMP, is also desirable for a journeyman cloud database administrator working in the Department of Defense.
The salary range for this position is $115,000.00-$144,000.00 annually.
Pay and Benefits
At Goldbelt, we value and reward our team's dedication and hard work. We provide a competitive base salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience. As an employee, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, tax-deferred savings options, supplementary benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.