Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Have a deep understanding of storage technologies, including experience with storage area networks (SAN), network-attached storage (NAS), and object-based storage systems.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with other administrators, stakeholders, and project managers.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the organization Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently.
- Structured problem solving.
- The rapidly changing nature of technology requires the administrator to have a continuous learning mindset and be comfortable with adapting to new technologies and best practices.
- In addition to these skills, the administrator should also have experience with IT service management practices and a deep understanding of enterprise architecture concepts and practices.
- Familiarity with government and industry security standards, such as NIST and FedRAMP, is also desirable for a journeyman storage systems administrator working in the Department of Defense.
- Bachelor degree in a STEM field.
- At least seven (7) years of related experience in the field and have a broad understanding of different aspects of IT, including hardware, software, networking, and security.
- Have experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V, and be able to design and deploy virtualized storage solutions.
- Experience with cloud computing and be able to design and deploy cloud-based storage solutions.
- Experience with data backup and recovery solutions and be able to design and implement data backup and recovery strategies.
- Able to analyze storage performance and implement performance tuning to ensure optimal storage performance.
- Active Top Secret clearance
The salary range for this position is $77,000.00-$97,000.00 annually.
Pay and Benefits
At Goldbelt, we value and reward our team's dedication and hard work. We provide a competitive base salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience. As an employee, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, tax-deferred savings options, supplementary benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.