NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- In-depth knowledge of Alaska tourism industry/markets as related to retail products and Native art sales, including product and buyer characteristics of traditional art objects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop retail sales plans and increase business development opportunities.
- Ability to instruct/train, evaluate, and motivate subordinate employees related to both retail sales and tram operations.
- Excellent skills in operating retail point of sale systems (RMH), and personal computers utilizing a variety of computer software including the Microsoft suite of office applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with wholesale vendors and other employees.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to passengers those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in retail management, including at least one year in a supervisor or manager role.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Business, Accounting, or closely related field
- five (5) years’ experience as a retail manager or supervisor.
Annual Compensation Starting at: $60,000.00 DOE