Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts related to computer based medical systems, networking protocols, and information security as it applies to medical technology within VHA.
- Demonstrated competency in the ability to conduct a medical equipment management program that is compliant with applicable healthcare standards and regulatory agencies
- Ability to develop a curriculum for a continuing education program that address the safe and effective use of medical technology
- Ability to manage a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device hazard investigations, to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and TJC requirements
- Ability to conduct capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment
- Ability to function as the subject matter expert in the field of biomedical engineering, directly supporting specialized clinical technology, including service, system administration, training, quality assurance, and life-cycle management
- Ability to effectively advise clinical and administrative staff on medical technology, including existing and emerging technology, which addresses viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety; to apply project management principles to deployment of medical equipment and health information technologies. Demonstrated skill in in communicating and working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization. Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Certification as a Clinical Engineer (CCE).
- Minimum of three years of hospital or healthcare experience maintaining medical equipment or managing a hospital medical equipment program.
- Experience with the Department of Defense
The salary range for this position is $95, 000.00-$115,000.00 Annually.
Pay and Benefits
At Goldbelt, we value and reward our team's dedication and hard work. We provide a competitive base salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience. As an employee, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, tax-deferred savings options, supplementary benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.